Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Changelog for 4.2?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Desert Fox, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Hey there, ive been wondering where the changelog for the rr 4.2 is? Or when is it going to be released?
    Because im currently running a server that has 4.1.1.1-b installed and I would like to see what changes have been made between em. Before I try to update the server.

Cheers.

2. Zargs

Zargs Well-Known Member

R.I.P RR4! No news, no update info. Just type to 100 in roman.

3. Pesti

Pesti Member

It's weird seeing how interaction with the community has come to a halt. Some updates or at least a simple changelog would have been nice. We don't know what changed, why it changed or whats going to change in the future. That's not how it used to be. If that's too much to ask for, than just don't make a modpack.

Zargs likes this.
  4. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Shit, till no answer? I havent checked back to this forum for a while now since noone responded within a week.
    So whats the point in even having a website for the modpack if it's not being managed?
    I guess they dont care about the community anymore. :(

5. Tetsuokin

Tetsuo Trusted

Also seems just 2 or 3 people that are constantly active on the forum (although if the admin came along we'd start out count from scratch again)..

It does seem that the modding community has stagnated a lot, and the modpacks are just being left to fester.. In my opinion RR was the de-facto modpack that everyone used or looked at to try and compete with.. But as of lately it's dying slowly with more and more people using FTB beyond or various other mod packs.

6. 2nd Algorithm

2nd Algorithm Well-Known Member

Hello

The changelogs can be found here.
    Just scroll down, select the changelog for the desired version, and click on the github link below it.

[​IMG]

Best of luck.
    ~2nd Algorithm

#6 2nd Algorithm, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Desert Fox likes this.
  7. Zargs

Zargs Well-Known Member

Why have a website about the ModPack when you dont post modpack changes on it?

8. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Thanks a lot mate, its been way overdue for a response like this.
    So thumbs up from me :)

9. Desert Fox

Desert Fox New Member

Well... Now that ive had a closer look at the changelog on atlaunchers website.
    And I can only say that im rather disappointed.
    The changelogs there are about a year old and haven been updated since "24 Jun 2016"

Source: https://github.com/Resonant-Rise/ResonantRiseV4/commits/dev/changelog.txt

So my questions still stands...
    Where are the changelogs?

Cheers and sry for the inconvenience.

10. 2nd Algorithm

2nd Algorithm Well-Known Member

Well, there's just one on this website, at the 'pack news' section
    There you go.

This one might answer your question (for now), it's the from the 6th of april.

11. Zargs

Zargs Well-Known Member

Not really. That show patch 4.1.1.1-b. We are up to 4.2.0.1-B now.

12. Pesti

Pesti Member

I just wanted to point out that most of the users and players of a modpack aren't coders or modpack creators themselves. Therefor they probably don't use Github at all. So my question is: why have a website and a forum when you don't post and format changelogs so that the community can actually see it? You can't expect a generic player who has nothing to do with Github to search through there to find simple information about what changed since the last version. Whenever you need a changelog you first check the website of a project / game / software. It's just the normal thing to do. But for some reason, you expect the users to know about the Github or to check the project site at the ATLauncher website and search for a link. That's just horribly inconvenient and there's absolutely no reason for it to be this way.

Also, the file makes just no sense to me. What is "Build a.0.4.8" supposed to mean? Is this the equivalent of RR 4.2.0.1-b? There also doesn't seem to be a date at which it was last edited so the user gets confused even further because of the "24 Jun 2016" in the top right. Look at it from a non-coder perspective - you just make it harder for the normal user to get what's going on.

13. Tetsuokin

Tetsuo Trusted

Actually if you look at most of the modpacks on the ATlauncher, they say about each update at the bottom, but they include changes that has happened.. I'll use a current modpack i'm playing as an example... Mech&Magic, they list all changes actually on the launcher underneath instead of a link. Like @Pesti has mentioned Build a.0.4.8 doesn't mean anything to me when it's RR4.2.0.1-b