Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

General Help with computer server.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leipreachan, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Leipreachan

Leipreachan Member

Hi sorry cant identify the required section but my request is simple but ill add in as much detail as possible :)

What iv been trying to do since last night is make a server on my computer with the RR4 server files with the addition of ProjectE. All the ports are forwarded in my sky hub and configured correctly but the problem starts with my RR4 client been able to detect the server?

Doesint matter what ip address i put inside the server.properties IPv4 the 192.168.etc or my physical internal IP address. Any and all new tutorials nowadays revolve around vanilla client adding mods in? Even hamachi refuses to cooperate and these new bs hamachi tutorials if you can call them that using the open to lan thing is not what i want.

Years ago anything i did and beyond worked wonders but now that im trying to get back in to playing with friends its become a living nightmare.

So i guess what im looking for is to be pointed in the right place to host a server on my computer and join though the RR client.

I hope all that made sense....

Thanks in advance,
    Leipreachan

2. Tanner

Tanner Support Staff
    Staff Member

Leave the IP field in server.properties blank, and connect from your own computer using localhost as the ip address, if that doesn't work let me know. You will want around 12 gigs of ram to get good performance running a server and client on the same PC.

3. Leipreachan

Leipreachan Member

Yeah like i tryed everything from ipv4 ip address my physical ip address and no ipaddress a hamachi address even a new port but rr4 doesint seem to want to pick it up, either that or im way out of sync with home servers nowadays. Craftbukkit seems to be history prior to my search to no download links ?

4. Tanner

Tanner Support Staff
    Staff Member

Yeah Craftbukkit is long gone haha, do you have a third party firewall/av? I usually don't define an ip address in server.properties and it binds properly. When you try to connect in the client does anything pop up in the server console?

5. Leipreachan

Leipreachan Member

Is there a replacement for craftbukkit? or recommended files to download for pack servers? Im pretty sure my firewalls arnt a problem unless theres one im unaware of for example. Iv forwarded the ports in my sky hub and iv double checked with tech tutorials to ensure i did it right which i did and my avg allows java though all firewalls. When i do use an ip thats not hamachi or blank it fails to bind to any port i forwarded but with hamachi or blank i get no errors and i assume its running though if my rr4 client cant pick it up i cant test..... this.... unless im missing something xD <-- and i use to be such a good server hoster X_X effects of retiring hey!